Remember Le Sac from the 1970's or was it le bag? Those huge canvas totes - and if my memory serves me correctly, my mind is seeing beige and brown. Anyway, this is what my 2007 version is of it. Quite a big bag, Simplicity Its So easy 4629.


The flower was done by making figure 8 shapes with the ribbon and then sewing together, anchoring with button.

The lining is polka dot. I can't resist a bit of spottiness.
2 comments:
I was surfing from Sew Retro and came across your blog..
I love this bag, I've a thing for bags. I'll have a go at this one ;-)
I glanced at your archives - somebody else in the world watched the Sullivans!
Best wishes :-)
and would buy one of these too .... might have a go at making one - I know it will be crappolla, so I should post some pics to keep you amused when/if I try this!!
Post a Comment