My sister and I are eighteen months apart. Pretty close in age but you would have thought growing up that we were twins in as much as mum made us wear the same clothes. This is us circa 73 in Broken Hill at a cousins wedding. Let me tell ya, crimpoline and stockings don't go down too well in the heat. This was a great old style country wedding. Beer bottles and soft drinks in the middle of the table, kids running around having fun, falling asleep on the old couch at the church hall. Most of all I remember the chaffing..ouch.
Monday, July 23, 2007
THE TWO OF US
Finished two bags (Simplicity 4668). One for me and one for my sister. Doing these made me think of the photo below. Just one example of matchy matchy.

My sister and I are eighteen months apart. Pretty close in age but you would have thought growing up that we were twins in as much as mum made us wear the same clothes. This is us circa 73 in Broken Hill at a cousins wedding. Let me tell ya, crimpoline and stockings don't go down too well in the heat. This was a great old style country wedding. Beer bottles and soft drinks in the middle of the table, kids running around having fun, falling asleep on the old couch at the church hall. Most of all I remember the chaffing..ouch.
My sister and I are eighteen months apart. Pretty close in age but you would have thought growing up that we were twins in as much as mum made us wear the same clothes. This is us circa 73 in Broken Hill at a cousins wedding. Let me tell ya, crimpoline and stockings don't go down too well in the heat. This was a great old style country wedding. Beer bottles and soft drinks in the middle of the table, kids running around having fun, falling asleep on the old couch at the church hall. Most of all I remember the chaffing..ouch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the photo and the bags. The bags look soft.
Those country weddings...
My eye is drawn to those mary-janes! The dresses are cute too though! 'Matchy matchy' at it's best!
chaffing is the small price paid for fab fashion. you two look lovely!
and what I would do to have a pair of those shoes in MY size!
Post a Comment