Monday, August 06, 2007

ALL BETTER NOW


No great finds this weekend. Just enough to get me through. Some doilies washed.

Some linen tea towels.


A dripping can. I tell my kids when they are whinging and whining and just being all round ungrateful, that in my day, we were so poor that, when we were allowed to have a treat it was fried dripping and bread. My daughter says, is that true Mum?. Half/half. I used to love it. I dare say no good for the heart though.
Its going to be used to plant some succulents.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Love the teatowels, the horse one looks marvelous. My Dad reckons he used to love bread and dripping when he was a kid, apparently it was a wonderful food for him. I wouldn't mind tasting it to see what he's on about.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I love the colours and pattern in those table cloths, I've been finding the odd brand new one at the oppy too, and they are just so nice to use.

Cosy said...

Linen tea towels are one of my (many) vices! Sometimes bought secretly on eBay but the best are found in op-shops.

We never really ate dripping but when I'm scraping out the roasting tin, I can understand how it would have been a treat, especially during the times when there weren't many treats to have.