So, now that it is finished, I am in two minds if I ought to give it as a Christmas present as originally planned. Will they like it , is it good enough? Will it come apart in the first wash? I've got a couple of more months to ponder this.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
NOT AS GOOD AS ECLAIRS
On a scale out of ten, I'd give this finished quilt a six. I scale my finished handicrafts judging by my own level of satisfaction. I do it with food too. For example, I give the chocolate cream eclairs from the patisserie around the corner a ten out of ten, fast food chains a one. I also do it with my children when asking how their day was, I am relieved when it is in the high digits. The binding was a slight let down. I will not use gingham again, it is not very forgiving when it comes to slightly off skew sewing. I am such a dunce. I keep saying that to myself that I will not use it again but I love it so.

So, now that it is finished, I am in two minds if I ought to give it as a Christmas present as originally planned. Will they like it , is it good enough? Will it come apart in the first wash? I've got a couple of more months to ponder this.
So, now that it is finished, I am in two minds if I ought to give it as a Christmas present as originally planned. Will they like it , is it good enough? Will it come apart in the first wash? I've got a couple of more months to ponder this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Linda, I think you are being too hard on yourself - it looks beautiful and surely would be a beautiful Christmas present for anyone !
The quilt is good! I think the recipient will love it. The thing I find about making quilts (not being an actual "quilter"), is that by the time you get to the end of it, you're so over it that you don't even want to look at it anymore.
I think it looks great Linda. Would love to see a full picture of it.
Looks like a 9.5 to me linda.
Hello Linda, I agree with Jodie. This really is a lovely quilt, one in the high digits!
Yay! It's great with it's red and blue and all the different prints. That is a hard decision - whether to give it or keep it. How will you know if the recipients will realy get that you made it and all that means? Will you regret letting go if it? Or feel good that it is able to go into someone else's life? I don't know..
I am in a similar situation with the little baby blanket I am making now...
It is very very difficult to make something for someone else in mind. especially a Christmas gift, you don't want to disappoint!
personally, I love the quilt you made! you have a very brave sense of pattern and color (I am always too 'matchy' and end up regretting my timidness) this would make a great gift!
Post a Comment