We went to the circus last Sunday. It has taken me a week to get over it. The reason? The clown mocked me. Now I hate clowns as much as the next person but he sensed my complete abhorrence and honed in on it. I'll just set a brief picture. There was pointing, Harpo Marx type whistles and laughing (not from me). Damn clown, he wasnt really a clown anyway like in the picture, not five minutes before I saw him selling fairy floss in the trailer outside.

Picture from a 1950/60s reader called Stories to Read. It nearly bought tears to the lady in the os as she recalled how she read this book when she was little. I haven't been able to process this as to why this has stuck in my brain.
Got no gardening done today. The closest I got to it was hanging out the washing. There is always tomorrow.
3 comments:
I have that book too!
That's scary and weird, being mocked by the clown. I'm sorry you had to go through that!
You cracked me up Linda with the gardening comment. That's about all the gardening I got done today as well. Looked over my shoulder at it when I hung out some towels. Ditto on the clown thing -clowns haven't been the same for me since Steven Kings' IT....
Post a Comment