Wednesday, October 10, 2007

enough already

I very nearly stalked someone yesterday. I was 'shopping' when I spied a woman walking around with an armload of brightly coloured fabric. She had obviously gotten to the remnant table just minutes before me and gotten her excitable haul.
I followed her to the counter, this is when the thoughts of stalking entered my mind, just in time to see her fill her green recycling bag full of yummy material and a graphic flower tablecloth to boot.
I was going to strike up a conversation with her but then thought the better of it. She might have thought I was some crazed fabric addicted beatch. Had that happen before, maybe I scare them off with the dripping saliva.
She was gracious enough to leave me this though.



Cannot complain.

2 comments:

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Chortle! I've done something similar with a woman who was inspecting a vintage overnight bag in the oppy - it was gorgeous - I kept thinking she would put it back, she bought it!

Jodie said...

haha, guilty here as well, both in fabric shops and op shops.!