We haven't seen all this stuff in a year and its just...well, like Christmas!
I will show crafts of years gone by as I cannot show any new things cause Ive got zilch at the moment.
The gold stars are dough. They have stood the test of time. They are about 4 years old now. The deer is from last year and a 2005 ball hand painted with my sons name on it.
At the moment I am quite bereft of time and hope to get some sewing done soon. Im getting all itchy and nervy about it.
4 comments:
All my plans for a beautiful polkadot tree have been shot down by the kids who still want all their kindy handmade things on the tree- secretly I am thrilled.
Cute starts, might have to try and do this with Miss P, our tree is a work in progress, there are still some branches that have only 1 decoration on them!
I meant to say 'stars' not 'starts' cna't type tonight!!
Hi Linda. I love your blog. I can't believe those dough stars last! I haven't put our tree up yet (still writing that essay!) but next weekend wait and see! Our tree has interesting decorations. When my daughters were young I read a tip in WW which suggested that each year on the day the tree goes up, that you give your kids a decoration. Over the years their collection grows and then when they leave home they have a ready collection of Christmas reminders of home to hang in their new homes. So we did that each year for a long time and it became a HUGE family tradition that my daughters loved. But as the time for them to leave home neared and our tree was completely covered with their decorations and any that had existed beforehand had been long squashed out of usefulness in the bottom of the box (that needed to be bigger and bigger) I realised when they left home WE would have a bare tree! And so the birth of a newer tradition. Each year at 'tree decorating time' our daughters give us a decoration. Our collection is growing and our tree is looking 'healthier' each year. And our daughters are still VERY passionate about the tradition!
Post a Comment